- Errata for Samsung Galaxy Tabs For Dummies
- Click here to read certain updates and corrections to the previous edition of this book.
Android App Updates
To get the latest information on common Android apps, get my eBook Dan Gookin's Android Apps A to Z, available at the Amazon Kindle store.
Click to view and buy at Amazon
This book covers the apps Chrome, Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, Play Books, Play Music, Play Store, YouTube, and more.
Supplemental and Bonus Material
- S-Pen Text Input
- Who needs the onscreen keyboard when your Galaxy Note has an S-Pen? Click here to glean some S-Pen text input tricks.
- Unlock your Galaxy Note by Using a Signature
- A new feature on the Galaxy Note 2014 (Android 4.4.2 update) is the Signature lock screen. Read about it here.
Updates for the Android operating system, including lots of good information on your Galactic tablet, can be found on my blog. Here are some recent posts:
- Opt Out of Android Advertising
- Mar 16, 2017 How to disable tracking and advertising features on your Android device. Link
- Another Keyboard to Lust For
- Feb 16, 2017 My sleepy eyes popped wide when I first beheld the QWERKYWRITER. Link
- Android Nougat Changes in the Settings App
- Feb 14, 2017 Some things changed. Other things added. Everything's crazy. Link
- More Weird Moves by Samsung
- Dec 22, 2016 The future may bode missing Home buttons and headphone jacks from Samsung gizmos. Link
- Stop Correcting My Text!
- Dec 15, 2016 I think that an Android's auto-correct feature is a source for great humor, but some people would rather have it disabled. Link
- Don't Take Stupid Selfies
- Nov 29, 2016 Here's a tip to avoid the telltale sign that you're the only one in the room taking a picture of yoruself. Link
- Update an Android Contact with a Phone Number Extension
- Nov 17, 2016 The phone entry field in the Contacts app lacks a place for an extension. Or does it? Link
- OMG! What Did I Just Upload?
- Nov 15, 2016 Erasing online evidence of an untoward photo can be an anxious ordeal. Link
For additional Android-related blog posts, click here.